Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Taylor's Birthday

Well this past weekend my baby celebrated her Golden Birthday. She would not let us forget that it was her Golden Birthday. On Thursday we made cupcakes to take to Daycare for a party and then she brought cupcakes on Friday to School. They had a party for her and played games. She got a lot of new clothes. She picked out a pair of white dress shoes that didn't stay white for very long and her Nana Donna, who lives in Texas, got her a pair of really nice Cowgirl boots. She loves them and so does Tyler. Now Nana has to go and look for a boy pair for Tyler's Birthday. She was at her dad's house this weekend so I called her to wish her a Happy Birthday in the morning and I thought she was going to talk to me till the afternoon. She is quite the chatter box on the phone. She then had a party at her dad's and after the party she called me and couldn't stop talking again. Tyler got to go to Monster Trucks at the Assembly Hall on Saturday night with daddy while Taylor and Laura went to her mom and dad's in Kankakee. Tyler really liked the Monster Trucks. Last night, they finally got to watch most of High School Musical 3, which Taylor got for her Birthday. We will try to finish it tonight.
Well, I started writing this a week ago and I am finally able to get back to it tonight. This week went by very fast. Thursday after work I babysat for a couple of hours. The kids and I went to the Nature Center and then to a Church indoor playground. Let me tell you, this place was awesome. Unfortunately, we didn't know when the playground was closing so we got there 20 min. before it closed. Next time I think we will go there first. Friday night we didn't do much. We had to get home right away so that Jason could watch Illini play. Saturday Jason went to get Angel and then the kids and I met them in Champaign and we did some shopping and then the 3 kids and I went to Pontiac. We went to my mom and dad's to get a crib. NOT FOR US!!! The kids flew kites with their cousins and then we all went for ice cream. We then had a nice visit with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa and got to see the Illini lose.
On Sunday, the kids woke up wanting to ride bikes. The weather was awesome. They went outside and Taylor asked us to take off her training wheels. Last year we tried this but she was a little emotional when we tried. This time she did awesome. Jason got her to go all by herself. I was to much of a wuss to let go of the bike. It was really cute watching Angel try and help her. I was waiting for them both to fall down. I think it helped Taylor alot to have Angel there helping and cheering her on. She has made a couple of trips around our place all by herself. She is still trying to perfect taking off by herself. Tyler then tried without his training wheels and he fell a few times and then asked us to put his training wheels back on. We'll keep working on that. So the kids were outside pretty much all day today. I think they had a really good time. I tried to put together Angel's bike today also now that Taylor is riding the other one with out training wheels. Assembly is a little harder than I thought. As long as she doesn't need handle bars she can ride the bike right now. I haven't quite figured out how to tighten the handle bars. I have a little while to figure it out though. Well I got to go now. I need to get the kids in the shower and to bed. Hopefully they are as tired as I am. Hope you all have a great week.

No comments: